Looking ahead to be ready for the market in 2022
It has been one rollercoaster of a year in the housing market, but as the year draws to an end, and we are more concerned with getting the Christmas tree up than answering work emails, it is worth looking ahead rather than looking back.
2021 was an exceptional year for buying and selling houses with frantic activity, and the busiest since 2007 says the Guardian, and we have covered the whys and wherefores of this in previous articles.
The great interest in moving remains and will have an effect well into next year. So now is the best time to start thinking about what you are going to do to get ready for your house move in 2022. Good preparation is important in making the best of your move.
Being market ready
Here are a few things you should put in place now as you prepare to sell your home in the spring:
- Get your finances in order and know exactly how much you can afford
- This involves getting your property valued (if you are not a first time buyer), and our instant evaluation tool can give you a good idea of the value of your property
- Know where you would like to move, in terms of the type of home you are looking for and the location
- Instruct a good estate agent now. We can’t speak for other estate agents, but we are keen to speak to our clients early, to get to know you and your property
- Get your property ready for sale. Decluttering and sometimes a fresh coat of paint can go a long way to making a quick sale at a premium price.
The early bird
We can help with your questions and ideas. Start now and the whole process of moving can become less daunting. Take one step and a time, and you will be ready to act quickly, ready for your move in 2022 when your perfect home comes on the market.
Sell your property with Leicestershire’s own estate agency
Not only can you be in with a chance of winning this great prize, you will benefit from great service with:
⭐ Professionally qualified, senior staff directly involved
⭐ Five star reviews across the board from Google and TrustPilot
⭐ Proven track record
⭐ Local business, local knowledge
⭐ High Visibility: Right Move, Zoopla, OnThe Market.com
⭐ Feedback after every viewing
⭐ Login to see the progress of your sale instantly
Call us now on 0116 216 8178
Clare has been in the industry since 1998. Her career started as an administrator and she has worked through each role in estate agency from negotiator, sales progressor, valuer, manager and culminating in opening Phillips George as a co-founding partner. Through Clare’s career she has obtained professional qualifications with both NAEA (national association of estate agents) and ARLA (association of residential letting agents) to ensure that she delivers a first class service to all of her clients. Clare’s favourite part of estate agency and lettings is helping customers achieve their goals and making the process as smooth as possible for them.