Today social media is an essential part of any business, with 317 million people actively using Twitter and 1.71 billion monthly Facebook users.
With around 2.3 billion social media users worldwide covering a variety of platforms including Snapchat, LinkedIn and Instagram, harnessing the power of social media is key if you are looking to grow your business.
- Make your content relevant Deliver posts that educate, entertain, inspire and inform to reach a wider audience. Content that is relevant and interesting will encourage readers to connect and share your posts.
- Post frequently Be consistent in delivering content as this will increase engagement. Know the best days and times to post for your industry and demographics. Keep in mind that different social media platforms may not have the same peak times.
- Use videos, pictures & infographics Content which includes a relevant image is 90% more likely to be viewed than a post with no image. Use a range of visual formats to peak reader’s interests. Attract more followers by using multimedia, YouTube videos, custom images and infographics.
- Use hashtags strategically Use memorable hashtags that are relevant to your company and posts. Hashtags categorize your Tweets and help them show more easily in the Twitter search. Adding tags to your posts is a great way to find new followers and strengthen your message.
- Consider paying for advertising Facebook algorithms can affect the organic reach of your posts and how many people actually see them. Facebook advertising allows you to select your target audience and track your analytics from as little as £1 a day.
- Manage your time It is very easy to spend hours composing the perfect post. Make sure you have set time limits for drafting content.
- Engage with your audience Comments can be both positive and negative and it is important to show your followers that you are responsive. Building relationships with your followers and engaging with them directly shows that you are listening and open to feedback.
- Create a content library It can sometimes be hard and time-consuming to come up with content. Creating a social media content library that you dip into when you can’t think of any content to post can be very useful. These could be generic company posts, event advertisements or ‘top tips’ guides.
- Don’t overcomplicate it Simple is often better, especially when you are trying to get a message across. Short, snappy posts will grab the reader’s attention.
- Have fun Marketing doesn’t have to be serious! Social media is supposed to be fun; witty writing and humorous puns (whilst remaining professional) will draw in your audience.